Vaccines, Medications & Medical Conditions
Dog Vaccine Requirements
Dogs must be current on Rabies, DHPPv/DA2PPv (distemper, hepatitis, parainfluenza, parvovirus) and Bordetella. Dogs must also have a clean fecal check for parasites and giardia every year.
Day Campers must be spayed or neutered.
For Chicago and Cincinnati:
dogs must also be current on CIV (canine influenza).
For Walt Disney World:
Dogs must also be current on Both Canine Influenza vaccines (H3N2 and H3N8). Only group play dogs require a fecal test. All other boarding dogs do not require a fecal check. Dogs in Doggy Day Camp are required to show a negative fecal test every six months.
Cat Vaccine Requirements
Cats must be current on Rabies and FVRCP (Feline Rhinotracheitis Virus, Calicivirus, Panleukopenia).
*Vaccine requirements can change, please call ahead to your local center to see what the current requirements are.
Medications & Medical Conditions
If your pet is on special medications, it's best to call your local Center to double check that we are able to properly administer that medication. All medications are handled by our Team Leads. In order to ensure the best possible care for your pet, there are certain medications and medical conditions that we are unable to handle in our locations (with the exception of Walt Disney World).
These conditions include:
Common Medications that we are not able to administer include:
- Congestive Heart Failure
- Cushings Disease
- Addison's Disease
- Pets that need to be tranquilized
- Injectable medication of any kind (we cannot handle sharps)
- Pets requiring 4 or more types of medication
- Pets with active hot spots (these can get worse if left untreated)
- Immobile pets
- Pets with eye discharge (green, crusty matter) requiring daily care
- Pets with sutures, bandages or casts
- Pets with ear discharge (foul smell, red or raw) requiring constant cleaning
- Pets with health conditions that may deteriorate under boarding or different conditions than at home like kidney, liver or auto-immune diseases
- Insulin (Glipizide)
- Phenobarbital (Luminal)
- Diazepam (Valium)
- Potassium Bromide
- Digoxin (Digitalis, Cardoxin)
- Furosemide (Lasix, Salix, Spironolactone)
- Vasotec (Enalapril, Encard, Benazepril)
- Mitotane (Lysodren, Op-DDD)
- Acepromazine (Promace)
- Keppra (Levetiracetam)
- Vetoryl (Trilostane)
- Enalapril (Encard)
***Please note that these conditions or medications are subject to change, so it's best to contact your local Center just to double check. Caring for your pet is our top priority!***