Thank you for supporting our 2020 Angel Tree Fundraiser to raise money for NEADS World Class Service Dogs. Scroll down to learn more about this program and see how much we raised for NEADS, along with their very special thank-you message.
We at Best Friends Pet Hotel are pleased to share the results of our Angel Tree Fundraiser with you. With your help, we raised $7,200 to benefit NEADS World Class Service Dogs.
Pictured Above: NEADS Service Dog Ambassador, Loring, receiving Angel Tree Fundraiser check.
The NEADS team was thrilled to hear the news, and they wanted to thank you:
“Throughout the pandemic and amidst such uncertain times, NEADS has never stopped breeding, raising, training, and caring for our dogs,” said NEADS Director of Development, Cathy Zemaitis. “The Angel Tree fundraiser is proof that the work our World Class Service Dogs do each and every day does not go unnoticed. What Best Friends Pet Hotels and their customers did for NEADS is heartening, fulfilling, and gives us hope for the future. Thank you!”
Thank you again for contributing to this great organization! You can learn more about NEADS and how you may donate or volunteer at: NEADS.org
Our Angel Tree History
Angel Tree is our annual fundraiser that began 20 years ago. Since the start of the program, we have raised over $100K toward organizations that promote the welfare of animals and celebrate the human and animal bond.
100% of the proceeds collected for Angel Tree are given to non-profit organizations enabling them to continue the work that they do.
Alongside our monetary donations, at each center, we collect wish list items including food, toys, and pet care products for local shelters and adoption partners.
Our 2020 Angel Tree Fundraiser benefitted NEADS World Class Service Dogs. Learn more about NEADS on this page, or visit their website at: NEADS.org
We'll be back in November 2021 with our Angel Tree program and a newly chosen, pet-serving, nonprofit organization to raise money for. If you're not yet on our mailing list, be sure to subscribe with your name and email address at the bottom of our website.
About NEADS World Class Service Dogs
NEADS World Class Service Dogs change lives. NEADS dogs are highly trained to:
• Provide independence when matched with people who are deaf or have physical disabilities, and also veterans with PTSD.
• Promote confidence and socialization when matched with children who have autism or other developmental disabilities.
• Provide integrated therapeutic assistance when matched with professionals in classrooms, hospitals, courthouses, mental health practices, and the ministry.
How Your Donation Directly Impacts NEADS:
• $15 provides training treats for one Service Dog in Training for a month.
• NEADS trainers and inmate handlers use high value treats as rewards for accomplishing more difficult tasks and when extra encouragement is needed.
• $35 provides a Puppy Starter Kit, with toys for chewing, training, and playing.
• $75 outfits a newly partnered Service Dog with a vest, Gentle Leader, collar, 2 leads, and a treat bag.